Christmas Wine Glasses Candle Holders Expanded Line

christmas wine

CHRISTMAS WINE GLASSES CANDLE HOLDERS (expanded line)

Materials: Dollar Store wine glasses, buttons, wiggle eyes, glitter spray paint (Bronze Blaze, Citrus Dream, Diamond Dust, Lucky Green, Starry Night, and Cheery Bomb), bells, pipe cleaners, feathers, ribbon, pom poms, felt, sharpie, hemp and one red pom pom.

(looking for the glitter spray CLICK HERE for where I purchase mine, Looking for the yellow wiggle eyes CLICK HERE)

Make sure your glasses are clean then simply spray them with the glitter spray and let dry for 24 hours. Once dry you can embellish them any way you want. I used hemp for the stem on Santa along with ribbon and a gold pipe cleaner (chenille stem), Elf used ribbon and a gold pipe cleaner (chenille stem) and red felt, gingerbread man I used paint pen, sharpie, buttons and a ribbon, penguin I used felt, pom poms, chenille stems, and wiggle eyes, for the snowman buttons and ribbon for a scarf, for Rudolf simply a glitter pom pom and pipe cleaner antlers,  and the Grinch some feathers, wiggle eyes and a sharpie for the face. We had these adorable Christmas bells at my work so I tied some to each glass just for a little extra. All Items where glued on with hot glue or basic craft glue (I used Tacky Glue).
Penguin Tip: For the penguin I sprayed the inside of the glass white (or you can do a coat of white on the outside), then cut out of paper the shape of the belly (wet the paper and lay on the glass, over the white area) while the paper is damp it sticks to the glass long enough to spray the black over top, once dry you can easily removed the paper and the white underneath will show through.

NOTE: When spraying these you must treat it like any spray paint, you need to do it in coats and spray at a slight distance, if you get to close or spay too much in one spot at a time then the paint/ glitter can run. Shake the can VERY well before spraying to mix the glitter, this also helps to keep the can from clogging. If you live in a cold/ damp climate you need to take caution when spraying it may not tack up if its too cold out (you can spray them in a garage or somewhere warmer to help, but be careful of over spray in this case).

These are so much fun because the possibilities are endless! you can do anything you want and make any character you want. Just need some glitter spray and away you go!

Note: These are for decoration purpose only, not meant for actual food use.
I am so thrilled as to how popular these have become, I encourage you to make your own for you or family and friends. However I do strongly ask that you do not recreate these to sell since it directly competes with my Etsy site and local business. If you post your reproduction anywhere online such as a blog please link back to your original source of inspiration, this keeps my blog able to continue, along with me being able to create more fun ideas to share with everyone. Thank you all so much for your support.

IF YOU LIKE THESE MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER WINEGLASS CREATIONS (and more Christmas designs) HERE

TO PURCHASE THESE INSTEAD CLICK HERE FOR MY ETSY SHOP

1. Cynthia Davis

These are so cute very clever idea!!!

2. Lynn

Gotta make some of these ~ thanks for the wonderful ideas!

3. Laura

Hi, I tried clicking the link to let me know where you purchased the glitter spray but it doesn’t show me. Can you please let me know where you bought it and what colors you used for the santa, elf and reindeer. Thanks

Hi there, I purchase my glitter spray from http://www.qualityart.biz, here is the direct link to their glitter sprays online ( https://store.qualityart.biz/crafts/glitter/glitter_spray?zenid=110dei9idka5fndq32j2g1n5m4 ) …. for the Santa I used the Cherry Bomb and Diamond Dust, for the Elf with the belt I used Cheery Bomb and Lucky Green, if you are looking at the Elf with the hat I used Golden Glow and Lucky Green, and for the Reindeer I used Bronze Blaze

4. Angela Hicks

These are the cutiest things,, and they would make gifts, thankyou so much for sharing.

Angie

5. Cindy

Where did you get the wiggle eyes for the penguin? They look more oval then round.

6. Terry Kuehl

Did you use ribbon for Santa’s belt? I bought sparkly ribbon but it doesn’t lay flat on the wine glass. How did you do it?

Hi there, Yes I use ribbon on them, it can be quite difficult to get it to lay perfectly flat. I usually have a little bit of area on the ribbon that does not lay completely against the glass.

7. Tana

How did you get the glitter spray to evenly coat the glass? Mine is just running down the class and leaving drip marks. I tried using less and spraying from farther away…….

Hi there, it can be difficult depending on the temperature and humidity where you live. If its very cold out it runs very easily, so you have to do more coats and spray less at a time. If its chilly I recommend spraying a light coat and let it tack up then spray another coat adding a little more glitter this time, let it tack up and then do a third coat finishing up the glass. This helps it from running. If the temperature is not an issue where you are, the other problems can be if the glass is not clean and there is something slightly oily on the glass it causes the paint to run, another is if you spray to close and to much in one area at a time. If you turn the glass continuously when spraying it does better. I hope that helps in troubleshooting the issue 🙂