Christmas Wine Glasses New Expanded Line

new Christmas Wine Glass Desgins

Christmas Wine Glasses (candle holders)

New Expanded Line

(looking for the glitter spray CLICK HERE for where I purchase mine, Looking for the yellow wiggle eyes CLICK HERE)

Make sure your glasses are clean then simply spray them with the glitter spray and let dry for 24 hours. Once dry you can embellish them any way you want. I used hemp for the stem on Santa along with ribbon and a gold pipe cleaner (chenille stem), the simple Elf used ribbon and a gold pipe cleaner (chenille stem) and red felt, for the detailed Elf face I used felt for the ears, a dash of posh pink for the cheeks and used a sharpie for the face. The gingerbread man I used paint pen, sharpie, buttons and a ribbon, penguin I used felt, pom poms, chenille stems, and wiggle eyes, for the snowman buttons and ribbon for a scarf, for Rudolf simply a glitter pom pom and pipe cleaner antlers,  and the Grinch some feathers, wiggle eyes and a sharpie for the face. The Christmas mouse I used a chenille stem for the tail, pink pom pom for the nose, sharpie for the face and felt for the ears and teeth. We had these adorable Christmas bells at my work so I tied some to the glasses just for a little extra. All Items where glued on with hot glue or basic craft glue (I use Tacky Glue for my craft glue).
Penguin Tip: For the penguin and the owl I sprayed the inside of the glass white (or you can do a coat of white on the outside), then cut out of paper the shape of the belly (wet the paper and lay on the glass, over the white area) while the paper is damp it sticks to the glass long enough to spray the black over top, once dry you can easily removed the paper and the white underneath will show through.

Tip: for the cheeks of the Elf and the Snowman with mittens I used posh pink and just gave it a quick dash of pink (make sure to test the spray for a second to make sure you are getting an even spray of glitter before attempting the cheeks)

Hats: the hats are a little challenging, they are sewn up the back side from the top almost to the bottom leaving about an 1″-2″ opening the the bottom to wrap around the stem and then they are hot glued to the glass. I will try and get a template posted up in the next few days for the hat. CLICK HERE for hat template

NOTE: When spraying these you must treat it like any spray paint, you need to do it in coats and spray at a slight distance, if you get to close or spay too much in one spot at a time then the paint/ glitter can run. Shake the can VERY well before spraying to mix the glitter, this also helps to keep the can from clogging. If you live in a cold/ damp climate you need to take caution when spraying it may not tack up if its too cold out (you can spray them in a garage or somewhere warmer to help, but be careful of over spray in this case).

Note: These are for decoration purpose only, not meant for actual food use.

These are so much fun because the possibilities are endless! you can do anything you want and make any character you want. Just need some glitter spray and away you go!

I am so thrilled as to how popular these have become, I encourage you to make your own for you or family and friends. However I do strongly ask that you do not recreate these to sell since it directly competes with my Etsy site and local business. If you post your reproduction anywhere online such as a blog please link back to your original source of inspiration, this keeps my blog able to continue, along with me being able to create more fun ideas to share with everyone. Thank you all so much for your support.

IF YOU LIKE THESE MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER WINE GLASS CREATIONS HERE

TO PURCHASE THESE INSTEAD CLICK HERE FOR MY ETSY SHOP

Snow Owl Candle holder, Christmas Mouse Candle holder and Christmas Elf Candle holder

angle-wine-glass-sm

Angel glass Here

1. Delene Wilson

Looking for new ideas for my church’s annual Fall Bazaar. I love these, all of them are just as cute as can be. I may have to try one to see how much time I would need to invest. Thank you so much for sharing your creative talents to those like me who have none.

2. Jamie

What did you use to draw the faces on the Grinch?

1. Jamie

Never mind I finished reading everything 🙂 I am going to try to make some of these they are super cute

3. Catherine

When acrylic paint is used, how long do you have to bake it to make sure it doesn’t come off ?

The glasses are actually painted with a glitter spray paint, you can do them with acrylic or a glass paint if you choose, it will just give you a little bit of a different look. If you choose to try a different paint I would just follow the directions on the paint itself 🙂

4. Catherine

How long to bake acrylic paint?

5. Jennifer Lucky

Hi. We have a retail furniture store in Canada and I do a website post every day and would like permission to use your wine glass decorating ideas. I have read your disclaimer and will abide by all rules with proper credit to you. We will not produce and/or sell anything from your post. I post recipes, decorating ideas and craft ideas and do not profit nor claim ideas to be my own. Check us out at http://www.charterhouseinteriors.com. Please let me know either way if I can share your Halloween and Christmas wine glass ideas.

Hi there, thank you so much for your interest in my glasses, and yes that is not a problem at all if you want to share my glasses on your page with a source link back to me 🙂

6. kaylee

did you have issues with the spray can getting stuck and not stopping? Because I look at reviews at krylon and people where saying that was happening

Hi there,

Yes it can happen, I found if you shake the can very very well before spraying, spray in a fairly warm area (not in the winter time) and if you clear the top between spraying (once done spraying tip the can over and spray upside down for a few seconds to clear the glitter from the tip), I have very little issues with the cans. Once in a while I run across a bad can and it clogs almost instantly and I have to exchange the can for a new one but that does not happen very often. If you follow the tips given about you should not have much issues with it 🙂

7. Jenny

What colour glitter spray did you use for the snowmen with mittens?
    Love all of these.

Thank you so much, For the snowmen I used Diamond Dust, (for the Red one I used Cherry bomb and the Blue one Sapphire shimmer on the stems) for the pink on the cheeks I added a dash of posh pink.

8. Karen

How did you do the snowman mittens?

Hi there, I cut them out of felt and used a white paint pen to draw on snowflakes 🙂

9. Karen

Do you use a specific type of paint pen? There are so many out there. Do you make you hats for the scarecrow, and mouse or do you buy them if so where? BTW, these are just adorable…