HALLOWEEN WINE GLASS CANDLE HOLDERS

HALLOWEEN WINE GLASSES (CANDLE HOLDERS)

large group halloween wine glasses

Materials Used: Dollar Store Wine Glasses, Glitter Blast Spray Paint HEREΒ , Felt, craft foam for witch hat, find Straw hats for scarecrow HEREΒ (aff), Sharpie (black and red), Cheese Cloth or Similar material, Rafia, Hot glue and Hot glue gun, and Misc. embellishments. (looking for the glitter spray CLICK HERE for where I purchase mine)

Directions: Make sure your glasses are clean then simply spray them with the glitter spray and let dry for 24 hours. Once dry you can embellish them any way you want to, I used things I had around the house.
TEMPLATE: HERE is a very basic template for the felt pieces.
NOTE: When spraying these you must treat it like any spray paint, you need to do it in coats and spray at a slight distance, if you get to close or spay too much in one spot at a time then the paint/ glitter can run. Shake the can VERY well before spraying to mix the glitter, this also helps to keep the can from clogging. If you live in a cold/ damp climate you need to take caution when spraying it may not tack up if its too cold out (you can spray them in a garage or somewhere warmer to help, but be careful of over spray in this case).
NOTE: These are for decoration purpose only, not meant for actual food use.

Β
halloween wine glassessm

1. Kandy Yonan

I have enjoyed following you and making your wine glass candle holders as gifts for friends. Having a hard time finding the spray glitter. What green did you use for the Frankenstein?

Thank you so much hun, I greatly appreciate it! I used the Citrus Dream for the Frankenstein glass. You can usually find the glitter spray at most craft stores, Amazon, or I purchase mine from here- https://store.qualityart.biz/crafts/glitter/glitter_spray πŸ™‚

2. Torey Boonstra

Do you put faces on before spraying or after?? I really like these, Want to try them for a fund raiser for our VFW post.

Hi there,

I draw the faces on after I spray them and let dry completely, I use a basic sharpie for most of the faces (the sharpie adheres very well to the glitter)

3. Melissa Burke

Is there a way to order from you? I saw no address for email. And, what are your prices? Thanks,

Hi there,
      yes, here is the link for my etsy shop where I sell my wine glasses- https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheKeeperofCheerios
      Sheena πŸ™‚

4. Ruth

Love these

5. Jenna

Hi, I love these! Would you mind telling what colors you used for the black, red and purple? πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ thank you so much. I’m planning on making some of these for a girls craft at girls night. So excited

Thank you so much hun, I used the Starry night, cherry bomb and fierce fuchsia all in the glitter blast sprays πŸ™‚ I hope all of yours turn out fantastic, they are so much fun to make!

6. Jenna

Sorry one last thing, do you deal the paint before adding the embellishments and faces?

When using the glitter blast, I do seal the glitter blast after I add the faces but before I add any embellishments. πŸ™‚

7. Mary

Want to see what can with a win glass with a Xmas theme

Hi there, here is the the link to some of my Christmas wine glasses πŸ™‚ http://www.thekeeperofthecheerios.com/2015/10/christmas-wine-glasses-new-expanded-line.html

8. Iliana

What materian did you use for the mummy?

Hi there, I used cheese cloth cut into strips

9. Kris

What color did you use for the scarecrow?

Hi there, I used Golden Glow for the main part of the glass, Orange burst for the stem and a dash of posh pink for the cheeks πŸ™‚

1. Kris

Thanks. Love your stuff!

10. Lori

Hi! They are so cute! What did you use to seal them with after painting? Thank you!

11. Shannon Dickerson

I was wondering if you use stencils for any of the faces and where you find them?

Hi there, I actually free-hand all of my designs, no stencils are used

12. Carlene Mahdi

Hi I am trying to make some of your scarecrows for my daughters and I can you tell me where you got your hat from?

Hi there, I purchased mine on Amazon here http://amzn.to/2dtXE91 you can also find them once in a while at local craft stores πŸ™‚

13. Angela Larrabee

What color spray do you use for the mummy? They are all so adorable!

Thank you so much! I use the Diamond dust and then wrap it in strips of gauze or cheesecloth.

14. AJ

Hi. These are all awesome! Love the Christmas line too. Thank you for sharing. What size did you get the scarecrow hat?

Hi there, I used the 6″ hats πŸ™‚

15. Denise

do you have a template for the faces for these?

I apologize but all the faces are free handed on, except for the 2 pumpkins that are done as a 2 part process (I found a design I liked, printed it off on paper, cut the paper out to use as a resist stencil, placed the paper design on the glass and sprayed over top, once dry I removed the paper from the glass, the inside of the glass which I sprayed with black then shows through).

16. Karan

Love your designs! You’ve actually made someone who has no crafty or artistic talent whatsoever be able to make something fun for her friends and family! On the glasses where the stem is a different color…how do you spray it? I love the pumpkin with the green stem…do you spray the bottom, let it dry and then the top? Do you cover the bottom with anything so the two paints don’t accidentally ‘crash’ into each other?

17. AJ

Do u have a step-by-step how to on any of the Halloweens? I’m curious how you got the great blend of the stems versus the color of the actual glass part. It also appears that you painted the jack o lantern with the dark color and then maybe put a stencil on it before spraying the orange. Is that correct, or was that face drawn on too?

18. AJ

Ok apologies..I just reread older posts and see where u answered about the pumpkin faces. However, still wondering about the stem blend and if you have step-by-steps. Thank you πŸ˜‰

Hi there, Unfortunately I do not have much tutorials on the blending method at this time. It is simply an overlapping of the spray- you can refer to a short video I created to see how I overlap the spray here (I spray the base of the glass first and then bring the stem color down and over the base color) hopefully that will help you some πŸ™‚ —> https://www.facebook.com/thekeeperofthecheerios/videos/1017456111704440/

19. Michelle

Hello can you tell me what size the straw hats are you used for the scarecrow?

Hi there, they where 6″ hats that I used

20. Aj

Hi! I have a few color questions..

Is the bat starry night?

The ghost diamond dust?

What is the dark orange the jack-o’-lantern in the top left corner?

And lastly (for now) πŸ˜‰ what is the gunmetal silver in the middle row on left with the tiled lettering?

Thank you so much in advance! πŸ™‚

Hi there,
      yes the bat is done in starry night, the ghost is diamond dust, the jack-o-lantern is sprayed with starry night on the inside and the outside with the orange bust. (it appears darker due to the starry night being on the inside of the glass. The silver glass is done in the silver flash with a slight overlay of the starry night to help darken it up. πŸ™‚

21. AJ

Thanks so much, Sheena! I am way late making these, but wanted to at least do three or four before I try the Christmas ones (which I am sure I will be bugging you about color questions, or some sort of questions on those too LOL!) I need to stock up on the paint cans as they don’t last that long, huh! Wish me luck on the overlay for the silver glass! πŸ™‚

Have a great night!

22. Sherrie

I’ve made several of your glasses and people absolutely love them! My problem is that I have no where that I can use a spray can of anything. So, you guessed it — I use actual glitter! Two coats of the glitter then I seal it so it doesn’t come off. That is what people love the most (besides the design, that is) is that fact that they can enjoy glitter in their homes without it getting everywhere! I did leave that if you use the real glitter, wear safety glasses because those little buggers get stuck together and form little balls that really hurt your eyes!!!

23. Amy

Hi there,
    what size wine glasses did you use? thanks…so stinking cute.

24. Hoda

HI, what did you use for the spider legs? Thank you

Hi there, I used Chenille stem Bumps found here—-> https://www.qualityart.biz/product/multi-pack-chenille-bumps-12-inch-48-pkg/