Barnyard Chicks Nutter Butters
Barnyard Chick Nutters
- 10 nutter butter cookies
- 1 cup yellow melting chocolates
- 1⁄2 cup white melting chocolates
- 1/8th cup orange melting chocolates
- 1⁄2 tsp coconut oil
- candy eyes, flowers
- yellow sanding sugar
- ramekins and pan for double boiler set up
- piping cones
- chocolate dipping wand or fork
- wire cooling rack
- Set up double boiler with shallow pan and ramekins for each color chocolate. Fill with water till half way up side of ramekins *careful not to get water inside them as it will seize the chocolate. Turn heat to medium low.
- Add chocolates and smidge of coconut oil to each, stirring to combine as they melt.
- Using wand or fork, dip nutter butter cookies in yellow chocolate until thoroughly coated. Hover above dish as chocolate drips off. Set on wire rack to harden.
- To make the egg shells, pour white melted chocolate into piping bag, work quickly to create the jagged edges or use a knife to spread it on.
- Add eyes by dipping a toothpick into the yellow chocolate and dabbing a spot on the chick for each eye. Quickly add the eyes. Repeat for adding embellishments, such as flowers.
- Set to dry and harden.
- Store in airtight container.
This post contains affiliate links br>