12 Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1 (12 ounce) package black candy melts wafers
24 red Gobstopper candies
Red Twizzler Pull n Peel candy
2 to 3 cups vanilla frosting in red (Used Pillsbury Funfetti frosting in Red)
You will also need:
Open star piping tip
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Cut Twizzler twist in half (or thirds for shorter legs) and pull strands apart.
- Melt the black candy coating according to package directions. If the candy is too thick to pour, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Stir well. Do not add water. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per bag of candy wafers.
- Dip each cookie into melted candy. Remove cookie, tapping gently against the side of the bowl, allowing excess candy to return to the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick. Place the cookie onto the waxed paper.
- Immediately add 2 Gobstopper candies as eyes and press Twizzlers into sides as legs. Allow cookies to set completely before decorating the cupcakes.
- Pipe frosting over cupcake in a circular direction working from the center of the cupcake towards the outside.
- Top each cupcake with a spider.
This post contains affiliate links br>