Grinch Rice Krispie Treats
Makes 8 treats
6 cups crispy rice cereal (pictured with cocoa crispy rice cereal)
1 (10 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
3 tablespoons butter
Green candy wafer melts
8 red heart candies or sprinkles
- Prepare a 13 x 9 baking sheet with wax paper and a spritz of non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and melt, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Fold in the cereal. Stir until the cereal is coated in the marshmallow.
- Using a buttered spatula or greased wax paper evenly press mixture into baking sheet. Cool completely.
- Cut the cereal into 8 treats.
- Place candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Melt on high heat, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Do not overheat. If the candy is too thick, add vegetable shortening or coconut oil in 1 teaspoon increments, up to 1 tablespoon, and stir well. Do not add water.
- Spread melted candy over ⅔ of each krispie treat and decorate with one heart candy.
- Allow to dry completely before storing or packaging.