Hocus Pocus Craft Sticks
How fun are these Hocus Pocus craft sticks? These make a great little craft for Halloween and the new upcoming release of Hocus Pocus 2. These can be made as simple or as detailed as you are wanting to make them. You can always add more details to the Sanderson sisters but we wanted to keep it very simple so that the kiddos could easily follow along.
- Jumbo Craft sticks
- Craft paper
- Craft paint or spray paint
- White paint marker or craft paint and brush
- Wiggle eye
- Black marker
- Misc. embellishments
- Patterns here–> * Winifred * Mary * Sarah
- Glue your craft sticks together, we did 6 wide with one across the back to secure together for the book and sisters. For the candle we used 2 across and 1 on the back (see example image)
- For the book we painted our sticks all brown and one additional black stick to glue on for the binding (you can just paint the last one black if desired but we wanted the binding raised on ours). We then cut out of silver/ grey craft paper a clasp for around the eye and glued on along with a google eye in the middle of the clasp. For the stitches we used a white paint marker (you can use craft paint and brush is desired). We then added a piece of twine down the side and some spiders for a little extra.
- For the sisters we left the sticks their natural color. Use the pattern provided to cut their hair out of craft paper and glue on. We cut the lips out of craft paper as well but you can also draw or paint those on (note for Mary’s hair we did not have a dark purple paper so we added a couple dashes of black spray paint to give it more dimension and to darken it up)
- For the candle we painted the sticks white and used a sharpie to add designs on it. Then cut out of craft paper a yellow flame and a black flame, make your black flame slightly smaller then glue together and glue to your craft sticks.