Little Mermaid Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 4 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 5-7 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
Fondant Ears and bow:
- 1 package of purple fondant
- 1 package of green fondant
- 1 can of silver cake spray
Mermaid Sprinkle Mix
- 1 package Lime Green Wilton Mixed Sprinkles
- 1 package Blue Wilton Mixed Sprinkles
- 1 package mermaid tail sprinkles
- 1 purple jumbo nonpareils sprinkles
- Start by making fondant ears and bow by lightly coat your cutting board with powdered sugar. Roll out green fondant to about 1/4 inch thick and cut 48 2-inch diameter circles.
- Work the purple fondant into a ball then pinch off about 1 tsp fondant and press into a large bow mold. Make a total of 22 bows. Allow all of the fondant creations to dry overnight.
- The next day, place the mermaid stencil on the top of two of the green fondant circles and spray the silver spray on top to give the ears a mermaid scale effect. Repeat until all the green circles are sprayed. Set the ears aside to dry.
- Make the cupcakes and allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting them.
- To make the frosting, mix the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla and mix on medium speed until smooth. Place 1 cup of the frosting into a frosting bag.
- Mix all the sprinkles together in one bowl.
- Put a small amount of frosting on top of each cupcake and spread it out with a butterknife.
- Dip the frosted cupcakes into the mixed sprinkle bowl and cover the frosting in the sprinkles.
- Place a fair sized dollop of frosting into the center of the cupcake, topped with a purple bow.
Place two mermaid “ears” on each side of the bow then slip a mini fork in the front of the bow and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links br>