Beauty and the Beast Inspired Snow globe

3. Hot glue and glue gun or Glass Glue
  4. Gold Glamour Dust HERE
  5. Glycerin
  6. Bottled Water or Distilled Water
  7. Gold Ribbon

Directions:

To begin with make sure your glass jar is clean, Hot glue your cut rose to the bottom of the glass or the lid of the glass if your lid lies flat (you may need to use a glass glue for extra hold- be sure to test that the rose will not come loose when in water before gluing the lid). Once the rose is secured add water, a dash of glycerin (not to much or the glitter will never float to the bottom), and lastly add your glamour dust (you may use regular glitter but I strongly advise testing out how well it floats before sealing the jar). Once all your items are in the jar you may seal it up (either use hot glue or glass glue to secure your lid in place). Lastly hot glue a little bow to the top of your jar.

This was such a fun craft for the kids, it would make a wonderful party favor for a Beauty and the Beast party or even a great Valentine.

TIPS: we tired out several different ways of making this craft, first off we tried using regular glitter which had an issue with clumping know matter what we did ( we tired mixing glitter with water (failed- clumped), we tried mixing glitter with water and glycerin (failed- clumped), we tried mixing glitter with water and baby oil (failed- clumped) we tried several combinations and nothing worked so I thought about using the glamour dust since it is so fine and light and that was a winner. Now the amount of glitter you use is completely up to your desired look, the amount of glycerin will determine how quickly the glitter will float to the bottom of the jar. If you add too much then the glitter will never settle to the bottom, so we recommend just a dash (it may take slightly more depending on the size of jar you use).

NOTE: when making this you may consider using glass glue for the flower and the lid since it will give you a stronger hold for a long time use. We used hot glue on some jars which worked, but some did not hold, the ones we used glass glue have held very well and long term.

1. mercedes de la garza

Thank you so much for sharing it’s very pretty,hope to see more:-)

2. Nancy

I wish there were amounts posted. How much glycerin is too much and the same with the gold dust.

Hi there, due to the different size jars that may be used I chose not to add specific amounts. It also depends on personal preference on the amount of glitter you like in your jar, I would recommend making a test jar and see what you like before sealing it up. On the glycerin a dash should do the trick (this basically determines how quickly your glitter floats to the bottom, if you want it to float down very slowly then add a couple dashes, however if you add too much then it will never settle down to the bottom). 🙂

3. Jake Bair

I really love that idea and think I might do that for my wife for Valentines day. I was wondering though, how long does the rose usually last for before it deteriorates? Have you tried with distilled or deionized water?

Hi there, it should hold up for quite sometime, I have had mine for a few weeks now and it still looks exactly the same. Distilled water should also work very well, I was going to use distilled originally but did not have any at the time I made mine so I stuck with bottled water. The longevity of the rose may also depend on the quality of the artificial rose you use, since artificial roses are all made slightly different and use different adhesives one may hold up slightly longer than another.

4. Crystal

Can I use a pastic Jar?..want to make one for my girls.

Hi there, yes a plastic jar should work just fine as long as it is clear enough to see through and you can seal it up 🙂

5. Nina

Mix a little clear glue with the water, use warm water so it dissolves and doesn’t clump. That is what I use for glitter jars. It won’t cloud,and isn’t as thick as glycerin.

That is a great idea, I have not tired using the clear glue method, I will have to give it a try for some of my other projects 🙂 Thank you for the great tip!

6. Tyler

Can you possibly send me a link for all ingredients needed?

Hi there, the materials are shown just under the first image on this post 🙂 if you are having a hard time locating some of the items listed many of the items have a link there that direct you to where you can find them 🙂 http://www.thekeeperofthecheerios.com/2017/01/beauty-and-the-beast-inspired-snow-globe.html

7. Barb

Could you use acrylic jar?

Yes, an acrylic jar should work just fine as long as you can seal it and it is clear enough to see through. 🙂

8. Christine

Are you talking about using a Plastic Rose or
    Silk Flowers ???

Hi there, either one should work, the one I used in the video and images was a silk flower but we also made one similar to it with a plastic flower.

9. Misty

Where did you find that beautiful jar?

Hi there, I found that particular jar at a local Hobby Lobby 🙂

1. Heather

What size is the jar ?

Hi there it was just smaller than a 16oz jar, I found mine at a local Hobby Lobby Store.

10. Tina Peterson

Can you use a real rose?
    We wanted to make them as a keepsake from an arrangement of real roses.

You can try it out but unfortunately I dont believe that a real rose will hold up well, When you glue it down it will seal off the stem of the rose from the water which will make it die quickly and may fall apart in the jar very quickly. 🙁 But it may be worth a try 😉

2. Rebekah

You can try dipping the real rose in scented candle wax for keepsake, or hang it upside down to dry out like potpourri, or flat iron in wax paper, I’ve had some for years!

11. Maggie

Can I use a real dried flower?

I am unsure as to how well a dried flower will hold up, you can try it out but I fear that it might not do well overtime.

2. Jerilyn

A dried flower will rehydrate to some degree and deteriorate more quickly than a fresh one. Quality silk or plastic are your viable options.

12. Marie

I love this idea!! I am going to do this with my granddaughter. She will love it!
    Thank you, for sharing! 🖒😉

13. Isabelle

I take a artificial rose and the water became red? Why your water is again clear? Thank

Hi there, the rose you used probably had more dye in it then mine did, I would recommend soaking your rose in water for about 10-15 minutes or so then use it in your project, thus soaking it should give time to allow any access dye to be removed from the rose before use.

14. Cynna

I don’t know if you’ve heard of calm down jars. I have twin nephews one of which is autistic and has a rare genetic disorder. We do them for him and use plain clear glue and distilled water with glitter which slows it right down (: You can add as little or as much of the glue as you need to the water depending on the effect you want with the glitter. Also you might think of adding something like glitter hearts, roses, etc to it for added effect. Just a thought! Great craft!

Glitter hearts: https://www.amazon.com/Martha-Stewart-Crafts-Lovenotes-Glitter/dp/B00GGLAUVQ/

1. Lori Upton

What kind of clear glue do you get and where?

15. Bobbs

How long does the rose last before it wilts in the water?

Hi there, I used a silk rose and it should last pretty much forever (I dont think a real rose would last much over a day if you used a real one) . I have had mine for several weeks now and it looks like it did the day I made it 🙂

16. Denise Disdier

Hello what size or ounce of the glass jar you used? I want to use it as a party favor for my daughters sweet 16.

Hi there it was just smaller than a 16oz jar 🙂 I found mine at a local Hobby Lobby Store.

17. Christine

Where do I find glamour dust and glycerin?

Hi there you can find Glycerin here –> http://amzn.to/2jD77xS and Glamour Dust Here—> http://amzn.to/2iZt0Fv

18. aj

Doesn’t matter what what kind of Glycerin it is does it have to be vegetable-based or can be any kind

I have not experimented with the 2 different kinds but I would not imagine it would make any difference, it is just intended to help slow the glitter down from sinking to the bottom as quickly. 🙂

19. Eloisa Chavez

Hi. Is there anything I can replace the glycerin with I can’t seem to find it.

Others have suggested a clear glue, I have not tried it but many say it works well. Another thing some have tried is baby oil. I would test out a few things before making and sealing your jar 🙂

20. Jessica

Hi there! I am planning to make this a Valentine’s gift for my son’s teachers. I was wondering if there is anything that could be sprayed on the artificial roses to help them last longer being submerged in water?

Hi there, unfortunately I am not sure, I made mine at least a month ago just using a basic artificial rose and it still looks the same as the day I made it 🙂

21. Mckayla Andrews

Does the rose lose it’s color/color the water? My roommate made one (Idk her directions though) and the wayer turned reddish pink

It really all depends on the rose you use, I had one rose that turned the water pink so I dumped the water out after it sat for an hour, refilled and it has now lasted well over a month with no change in water color or rose color. 🙂

22. Michelle

Hi! I need help. I’ve been fighting with keeping the rose glued to the bottom of the jar for 4 days now. Had a beautiful rubbery like rose…. I tried hot glue and after hours of setting, I put the water in and the rose floated to the top. Then washed and dried the jar, dried the rose, started over trying glass glue, I waited 24 hours as it says on the glass glue tube, then added water and the rose detached and floated to the top! Started over with a silk rose yesterday, used hot glue first…it seemed secure, added water and it floated to the top again! HELP!!! This was to be a Valentine gift for my daughter from my grandson. Any ideas? I can’t imagine why both glues are not holding this thing down. Super glue?? Thanks!

Hi there, I am so sorry to hear you are having such difficulties with the glue. I used hot glue on some and the 9001 glue (glass glue) on others, the hot glue held well on some and others it did not but the 9001 jars is still holding strong. You might consider trying a different glass glue, I found 9001 worked well, I hear good things about gorilla glue and checking with others I found many recommend the Loctite Glass glue, it can be found on Amazon or most hardware stores (I have not tried it out yet but it is supposed to be water resistant, instant drying time and works well with many surfaces).

1. Michelle

Thank you for your quick reply. I have the 9001 glass glue. It’s crazy! I don’t think I’ve ever swore so much to an artificial flower before! 🙂 I’ll see if we have the gorilla glue. I’m just ready to put the rose in and let the darn thing float! I also tried gluing on it’s side instead of just the stem and it didn’t like that either!

2. Michelle

Super Glue worked!!!!!!!!!! Thanks much!