Trolls Movie Easter Basket Idea

Trolls Movie Easter Basket Idea

Like most kids right now my daughter is crazy obsessed with the new Trolls Movie

so for Easter this year I wanted to make her an extra special Trolls Easter basket (Poppy inspired hair).

MATERIALS

1. Basket
  2. Hot pink tulle (it takes one 6″ x 25 yard roll)
  3. Bright blue ribbon
  4. Bright blue flowers (I used paper ones found in the scrapbook section of a craft store)
  5. Piece of cardboard
  6. scissors
  7. hot glue and glue gun
  8. Green basket filler
  9. Lots of fun troll stuff

DIRECTIONS:

1. Measure out how big you want your tulle pieces to be on your basket
  2. Cut a piece of cardboard to size
  3. Wrap your tulle around a piece of cardboard and cut one end of the tulle off of the cardboard (I used one entire roll of tulle (25 yards) per basket)
  4. securely tie each piece of tulle to your basket handle
  5. when all of your tulle is on the handle, gather the tulle together at the top and tie with a rubber band
  6. Trim any excess tulle from the top so your hair making it even
  7. Tie a blue ribbon around the rubber band, making a bow
  8. Hot glue on some blue flowers at the base of your hair (one the handle)
  9. Add some lime green basket filler
  10. Fill your basket with fun Troll goodies

NOTE: The cardboard piece I used fore my basket was about 18″ long making the tulle pieces appx 36″ long (then fold in half to tie on making it appx 18″ tall on the basket). Thus you may need a different size depending upon how large your basket is, the handle styles, ect.. Be sure to measure a piece of tulle on the basket first before cutting all of your pieces.

This would be fun to make in all different colors, for a boy it would be fun to make one that looks like Branch (use blue tulle for the hair and a green basket)

(UPDATE- EXTRA IDEAS IF MAKING BRANCH) If you are wanting to make one that looks like Branch I just seen where someone did a tub instead of a basket and they still tied the hair together but did not use a bow and it turned out well (see it here –> http://rstyle.me/n/cgmc6nb8rv7)… It would look great if you used a grey, blue or green basket with blue or grey hair 🙂 Another possibility if you are not wanting to tie the hair at the top, would be to add some starch to the tulle (I would tie the tulle on the basket first, then lay the basket down on its side shaping your hair the way you want, lightly spray with starch, then let it dry) I have not tried using the starch with the tulle before but I have used it on cheesecloth for Halloween projects and it worked great- this would be the same idea – I have Not tested out the starch idea so it would be under trial and error 🙂

Don’t want to make one? Find some really cute ones like it HERE or HERE or HERE

—–

1. Erika

Beautifully done 🙂 may I ask how many strips of the hot pink tulle are on the basket

Hi there, thank you so much! I am not sure the exact number of strips but I did use one entire roll of tulle (25 yards).

2. Jocelyn Coleman

Where did you get the basket?

Hi there, I found the basket I used in the video at my local Walmart

2. Danielle

How can I purchase one already made?

Hi there, unfortunately I have not made any for sale but I have seen some pop up on etsy since I created this posts – you can find some cute ones for sale here (aff) —> http://rstyle.me/n/cgccxnb8rv7 or here (aff)—-> http://rstyle.me/n/cgccyhb8rv7

2. Stacey M Pennington

Danielle, I am not sure where you are located but I am in Lexington, NC and would love to make for you & I can gladly ship. I will be making a demo today. You can check it out on my Facebook page, F & S Creations

3. Regina Davis-Chattmon

Do u live in albany, ga or close by? I make any type of baskets for all occasions even sports.

4. Justiny

Hi I’ll be making easter baskets like this and much more if you would like to add me on fb! Cristian n justiny

5. Laura

Hi I sell these

3. Stacey

How long do you cut your tulle or the piece of cardboard? I plan on making these to sell. SO adorable. Thank you so much for sharing

Hi there thank you so much! The tulle pieces ended up being appx 36″ long (then fold in half to tie on making it appx 18″ tall on the basket).

4. Db

How long you think you made the tulle?

Hi there the tulle pieces ended up being appx 36″ long (then fold in half to tie on making it appx 18″ tall on the basket).

5. Kim Wells

Were you lucky enough to find all of the candy/goodies at one place or here and there?

lol yes, I did actually buy just about everything at a local Walmart, the Troll stuff is pretty popular so it was not bad fining items for the basket. 🙂

6. Jodi

What was the length of the the cardboard got the tulle. I understand 25yds. Thank You

7. Gloria

How big is the carbord and basket size

Hi there, the cardboard piece was about 18″ long making the tulle pieces appx 36″ long (then fold in half to tie on making it appx 18″ tall on the basket). The Basket itself is about 12″ wide and appx 14″ tall (including the handle height).

8. Jessica

What is the pink thing in the back? Attempting to make this, this week!

are you looking at the items in the basket? The large pink troll item in the back of the basket is a tin box (like a small lunch box container) with a handle, I found it at my local Walmart in the Easter section. 🙂

9. Natasha

About how much did this cost to make

Hi there, the basket itself not including the items in it cost about $15 to make (that includes the tulle, flowers, ribbon and basket). With the items included in the basket I spent about $40 total for the entire thing (could be done cheaper depending on the items you choose for the basket) 🙂

10. Laura

I have made these and sell them

11. Karlee Stacey

My hair won’t stand up. Any special trick?

I have had a couple people mention the same issue and found that if they tie there hair down lower it helps hold it up better. I have also had some say they went further down the basket handle with the hair and tied down lower that helped proportion it better to keep the hair upright.

12. Melinda Strange

Thank you so much for sharing! I’ll be attempting to make one each for 4 granddaughters and no, I don’t sell. Now that I’ve read your comments, I might have to go back to HL and hope they have more pink… ha! I bought all they had but I don’t think it’s 25 yard but, I bought it from a bolt in the material section – that’s the only bright pink tulle I could find there. Thanks again for sharing such a cute project!

13. Melinda Strange

Sheena… do you have any idea what width your roll of pink tulle was? I’m going to look again tomorrow but all I found at HL today was bright pink on a bolt – in the fabric section. Wasn’t sure if that would work? Thanks in advance…great project. Can’t wait to try it for my granddaughters.

Melinda Strange
    Huntsville, TX

Melinda, hi there, yes it is appx 6″ wide by 25 yards long- most craft stores should carry it by the roll as well as on a bolt (I have purchased mine at Hobby Lobby, Michales and Walmart in the past). If you are unable to find it on the roll you can always cut strips off of the bolt, I have done that with other projects and it works just as well 🙂 🙂

14. Gloria

Where did you get the baskets

Hi there, I found the basket used in the video at my local walmart, but I also found similar baskets at a local hobby lobby as well 🙂

15. Gloria

Thank you !!

16. Tonia Breen

I have two boys who are obsessed with the trolls movie right now, and would love this! It’s SO cute!Just wondering though, if I do boy color ones, and they don’t have a ponytail(hair tie) since princess poppy is the only one with a ponytail, will the tulle still stand up without it? Thanks!

Hi there, I dont think the hair will stand up well on its own since its so long, I have recently seen where someone did a tub instead of a basket and they still tied the hair together but did not use a bow and it turned out well (see it here –> http://rstyle.me/n/cgmc6nb8rv7)… I think if you used a grey, blue or green basket with blue or grey hair it would look fantastic. 🙂 Another possibility would be to add some starch to the tulle (I would tie the tulle on the basket first, then lay the basket down on its side shaping your hair the way you want, lightly spray with starch, then let it dry) I have not tried using the starch with the tulle before but I have used it on cheesecloth for Halloween and it worked great- this would be the same idea 😉 🙂

17. Michelle

So where did you purchase the tulle? I found the spool of hot pink tulle at Hobby Lobby but it is only 12 yards. I guess I would need two spools.

I purchase mine at either a local Walmart, Hobby Lobby and or Michaels craft store (it all depends on where I am at 🙂 I usually can find it at all 3)

18. Sally

Cute but with the handle covered , kids Wong be able to use it for egg hunting.😫

19. Melinda Fendley Strange

Thanks Sheena for all you help with this project…. I think I found everything, now to try and pull off 4 of these, yikes! Your’e wonderful for sharing!

20. Jocelyn Guy

Where did you get the basket from?

Hi there, I found the basket I used in the video at my local Walmart

1. Jocelyn Coleman

21. April

I really think you should put approximately how long the tulle pieces are individually. I thought I was doing just fine until I went to tie it at the top. Way too short! I just wasted a whole roll of tulle and all the time it took to tie them on and I’m on a time schedule 🙁

22. Lilly Griffin

having trouble with it standing up 🙁

23. Joanne B

I love the baskets so I made 4 for my granddaughters .pink purple lime green orange.