Halloween Pizza Pan Door Hangs

2. Glitter Blast Spray PaintΒ – find itΒ HERE
  3. Black Sharpie
  4. Gauze or Cheese Cloth
  5. Distress/ Antq. Pad HERE
  6. Black Felt
  7. Large Wiggle Eye
  8. Witch hat decor (found mine at the dollar tree)
  9. Bolts
  10. Black Ribbon
  11. Misc. spiders/ embellishments
  12. Hot glue and glue gun
  13. Scissors

DIRECTIONS

1. Begin by spraying your pizza pans/ cookie sheets with glitter blast
    2. Once dry decorate each pan accordingly
    3. We used a black sharpie for the face on Frankenstein and the Skelleton
    4. Cheese cloth cut into strips and glued down for the mummy (used an antiq. pad over the cheese cloth)
    5. Black felt for the witch hair and a sharpie for her mouth
    6. Hot glue on large wiggle eyes and bolts on the frankenstein
    7. Once each pan is finished add a ribbon to the back to hang from

1. joyce

what color paint did you use on the witch grape or pink in glitter blast ?

Hi there, I used the Fierce Fuchsia for the witch πŸ˜‰

2. liz

Awesome idea, but what about the green for Frankie…is it Citrus Dream or Lucky Green? Having a hard time finding any of these colors (including the pink) in the stores….

I used citrus dream for the Frankie, I would check at your local craft stores for the paint it you are still having a hard time finding it you can also get it on Amazon –> http://amzn.to/2jCN7iq or I purchase mine here—> https://www.qualityart.biz/product-category/crafts/glitter/glitter-spray/

3. Sara

How long did they take to dry before you could work on the rest?

1. Sara

We are trying to do this as a group and we were hoping that we could paint them and have them dry while we eat and then finish them. The paint says 20 minutes to dry and 24 hours to be able to handle. Do you think after 20 minutes we can work on them if we are careful? What did you do?

Hi there, I have worked on them quicker than 24 hours in the past, if you live in a warm area and can keep them out in the sun to dry it will speed up your working time extensively. Otherwise I would wait several hours to be sure they are dry if the temperature outside is not super warm out ;)… I have worked on them with in a half hour to an hour myself if it was super warm out πŸ˜‰

I recommend waiting 24 hours if you are using the glitter blast. If you live in a very warm climate and can keep them in direct sun to dry then you should be able to work on them sooner. πŸ˜‰

4. Jamie

How did you attach the hat to the witch?

Hi there, I just hot glued it down, the hat I was working with was super light and attached very easily.

5. Jennifer

What did you use for the witches hat???

Hi there, I found a flat witch hat at our local dollar tree (it was made to be a door hang or other hanging decor). You can usually find them there or most craft stores tend to have something similar. Another option is make your own (I would use black craft foam with felt accents if I made one πŸ˜‰ )

6. Heather Christensen

DId you just use a plain white spray paint for the mummy or is it glitter as well?

I used the glitter but you could do it with just white and be fine πŸ™‚

7. joyce

My hat will not stay glued to the pan, it has turned out to be a nightmare. I bought the same pan and hat from dollar store as you used.

Joyce, if you are still having troubles keeping your hat attached with using hot glue than I would recommend using a stronger adhesive such as a glass glue. I use the 9001 glue or E6000 work great for a stronger more permanent hold on most all of my projects (however both of those options will take 24 hours to dry, and you must keep it on a flat surface because they can run if sitting upright)