Easy Patriotic Cookies
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
4th of July sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine your sugar and butter and mix well.
3. Mix in one egg and the lemon extract.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and mix.
5. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
6. Form the dough into small balls and roll in a bowl of sprinkles.
7. Place the cookies onto the lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
8. Let cool on a wire rack and enjoy!