Fishing Rod Pretzels
These adorable fishing rod pretzels make for such a fun fathers day treat, birthday party or just any fun celebration or occasion. They are super simple to make and are sure to be a hit with not only the kiddos but adults as well.
- Pretzel rods
- White candy melts or vanilla-flavored almond bark
- Twizzlers Pull and Peel Licorice Candy
- Gummy Worms
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the candy coating is overheated, it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
- Pour candy coating over two-thirds of the pretzel rod and shake gently to remove excess. If applying sprinkles, do so immediately rotating the pretzel rods to coat all sides. Larger sprinkles work best if placed individually.
- Place pretzel rod on waxed paper or cooling rack. (Cook’s notes: Waxed paper makes for easier release.)
- Pull Twizzlers into individual strands. Dip one end of a Twizzler into melted candy coating and press against the coated end of a pretzel rod. Once the candy coating is set, use another Twizzler to wrap around the rod, using melted candy to hold the Twizzler in place. Allow to set completely.
- Tie the loose end of each Twizzler around a gummy worm.
Let pretzel rods dry completely before packaging or serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Placing in the refrigerator may cause the pretzel to soften.