Jalapeno Mummy Poppers
Jalapeno Popper Mummies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
Servings: Makes 12 poppers
- 6 Large Jalapeno peppers
- 1 Package refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 oz. Cream cheese
- ½ c Shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ c Shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ tsp Chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Candy eyes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice each of the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise.
- Hollow out the inside of the pepper halves with a spoon, making sure to remove all of the seeds.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, chili powder as well as salt and pepper to taste. Mix until completely combined.
- Fill each of the jalapeno pepper halves with the cheese mixture.
- Unroll the pizza dough and cut it in half lengthwise. Set one half of the dough off to the side. Cut the other half of the dough into thin strips.
- Wrap the dough strips in a criss-cross design around the stuffed jalapeno peppers. Be sure to leave an open space near the top where the candy eyes will go once the peppers have been baked.
- Bake the wrapped peppers on a rack on a baking sheet for 12-15 minutes until the dough is golden brown and cooked through.
- Let the peppers cool for several minutes,and then insert two candy eyes into the front of each pepper.