Mummy Fruit Pastries
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 Can of fruit pie filling of your choice
- 2 Ready-made pie crusts
- Candy eyes
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Cinnamon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out one pie crust on a counter, and cut off the rounded edges to make a square shape.
- Cut the square pie crust into four equal rectangular shapes.
- Place the pie filling into a blender or food processor to break up the large pieces of fruit.
- Smooth 2 teaspoons of pie filling in an even layer over the top of each of the four pie crust squares.
- Roll out the other pie crust, and cut it in half lengthwise. Cut each half of the pie crust into long thin strips.
- Place strips along the top of the fruit layered crust pieces, and pinch the edges underneath to seal them. Continue to criss-cross strips of pie crust dough to make the pastries look like a mummy. Be sure to leave some room for the candy eyes towards the top of each pastry.
- Bake the pastries on a parchment lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Brush 1 tbsp of melted butter over the pastries, and sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar.
- Press two candy eyes into the front of each mummy fruit pastry and serve.