Salted Caramel Apple Butter
- Apple Butter Ingredients:
- 3 lbs Gala apples washed then cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 C apple juice 100% unsweetened juice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp All spice
- Caramel Ingredients:
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 TBSP packed brown sugar
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 TBSP cream
- Slow cooker
- Food processor
- heavy skillet
- Apple Butter Directions:
- Prep the slow cooker with a coat of cooking spray.
- Add the apples, apple juice, and all of the spices in the slow cooker.
- Put on the lid.
- Turn on high cooking for an hour.
- Turn off the cooker.
- Add a third of the stewed apple mixture to the food processor.Continue to blend until the apples are smooth.
- Repeat the process until all of the stewed apples are blended.
- Pour the mixture back in the in the slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker on low and continue to cook for 6-8 hours. (The apple mixture will be about half of what it was.) Set aside.
- Caramel Sauce Directions:
- Add the maple syrup, butter, and brown sugar in the skillet and cook on medium to high heat.
- Begin to whisk the butter, syrup, and brown sugar continuing until the mixture has thicken and is bubbly.
- Continue whisking while adding the salt and milk. (1-2 minutes) Remove from the heat.
- Slowly stir in caramel.
- Set aside to allow to cool.
- Scoop into lidded jars.
This post contains affiliate links br>