PATRIOTIC CLAY POT UNCLE SAM CRAFT
A terra cotta pot and saucer plus a recycled soup can transform into a fun Uncle Sam craft to decorate your home this Fourth of July.
- Terra Cotta Pot – 4 1/2” Wide
- Terra Cotta Saucer – 4” Wide
- Recycled Can – Large Soup/Vegetable Size
- Craft Foam – Yellow, White
- Letter Stickers – USA
- Blue Embellishments – Self-Adhesive Rhinestones or Pearls
- Craft Paint – Flesh Tone/ desired skin tone, Red, White, Blue, Peach, Black
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Paintbrush – Flat and Round
- Craft Knife
- CLAY POT UNCLE SAM PATTERNS
- Basecoat recycled can with red craft paint and clay saucer with blue craft paint. Paint rim of clay pot white and base of clay pot flesh tone/ or desired tone. Let dry and apply a second coat, if necessary.
- Once dry, paint two-thirds of the base of the clay pot with white craft paint. Let dry and apply a second coat of white, if necessary.
- Once dry, paint white stripes around the recycled red can. Let dry and apply a second coat of white paint, if necessary.
- Download, print and cut out Clay Pot Uncle Sam Patterns HERE–> CLAY POT UNCLE SAM PATTERNS Trace mustache onto white craft foam and cut out with scissors.
- Attach mustache to bottom center of Uncle Sam’s face with the glue gun, and then attach clay saucer to top of clay pot.
- Paint nose and mouth with peach and eyes with black craft paint. Paint squiggly eyebrows and once the black paint is dry, add highlights to the eyes by dipping the end of the paintbrush handle in the white paint to create small dots. TIP: When you just need a small amount of paint, unscrew the cap and use that as your palette.
- Trace five stars across a piece of yellow craft foam, overlapping the tips slightly to create one long garland of stars. Cut out carefully with scissors. Trace a single star and cut out with scissors.
- Attach star garland to base of red and white striped can with the glue gun and glue sticks. Then glue can to the top of clay saucer. Add the single star to the top of the can.
- To finish, attach USA letter stickers to the front three stars.
Embellish with blue rhinestones or pearls, using the tip of the craft knife for precision placement.
This Clay Pot Uncle Sam Craft is quick and easy, going together in just about an hour. A fun way to spend some time with family and show your patriotic spirit!
This post contains affiliate links br>