Fizzing Frozen Easter Eggs Experiment
Looking for a simple and fun Easter project to do with the kiddos? Well this is perfect to keep them busy and makes for a fun Easter craft experiment.
¾ cup baking soda
¼ cup warm water
Egg-shape silicone mold (find it here —> https://amzn.to/3qS8ZVg)
- In a large mixing cup, stir together the baking soda and water until the baking soda is dissolved. Stir in red food coloring.
- Pour the mixture into the egg-shaped silicone mold and freeze overnight or until completely frozen.
- Pour vinegar into the shallow bowl.
- Carefully lower the frozen egg into the vinegar.
Alternative experiment ideas:
- Create frozen eggs using a solution made from vinegar and water. Dip the frozen eggs into a solution of baking soda and water.
- Experiment with different ratios of baking soda to water when freezing the eggs to see which brings a more exciting reaction.