Clay Pot Frog
A simple mini clay pot from the Dollar Store along with paint, wiggle eyes, and foam balls transform into a friendly frog just in time for the summer garden season.
- Clay Pots – 2.5” in diameter, One – Dollar Store
- Acrylic Craft Paint – Light Green, Pink
- Styrofoam Ball, 1” in diameter, Two – Dollar Store
- Wiggle Eyes, Two – Dollar Store
- Craft Felt – Light Green, Medium Green, Pink
- Button – Yellow
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Craft Knife
- Pencil with New Eraser
- Black Permanent Marker
- DOLLAR STORE CLAY POT FROG PATTERNS
- Gather all materials and then remove the packaging and labels. Basecoat the clay pot with light green acrylic craft paint. Let the paint dry and then apply a second coat, if necessary.
2. Have an adult carefully cut a shallow slice from each of the foam balls with a craft knife. Basecoat the styrofoam balls with light green acrylic craft paint. Let the paint dry and then apply a second coat, if necessary. Attach a wiggle eye to the flat side of each of the foam balls with a glue gun and glue sticks. Glue the frog’s eyes onto the top, front of the clay pot.
3. Download, print and cut out DOLLAR STORE CLAY POT FROG PATTERNS. Cut out two frog feet from light green craft felt. Attach to the front bottom edge of the clay pot using a glue gun and glue sticks.
4. Add polka dot cheeks by dipping a new pencil eraser into pink acrylic craft paint. Set aside to dry. Draw two small circles for a nose and a smile from cheek to cheek using a black permanent marker. Randomly cut out six circles from light green craft felt. Attach to the right and left side of the frog using a glue gun and glue sticks.
5. Cut out a lily pad from medium green craft felt, and three water lily flowers from pink craft felt. Layer the three flowers on top of each other, securing with a glue gun and glue sticks. Glue a yellow button in the center to finish the flower. Attach the water lily flower to the lily pad with a glue gun and glue sticks. Place the frog on its lily pad.
A great family fun craft activity to complete with the kiddos. The perfect place card for a summer barbecue dinner, fun topper for a summer birthday present, or decoration to gift to a neighbor or co-worker!