Craft Stick Fairies
Using simple supplies from the Dollar Store, create these quick and easy Craft Stick Fairies with the kiddos in just about 30 minutes.
- Craft Sticks, Jumbo – Dollar Store
- Acrylic Craft Paint – Pinks, Purples, Yellows, Greens, Peaches, Variety of Skin Tones, Hair Colors
- Assorted Silk Flower and Butterfly bunches – Dollar Store
- Pom Poms, Variety of Hair Colors – Dollar Store
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Pencil with New Eraser
- Black Marker, Fine Tip
- Gather all supplies. Paint the jumbo craft sticks in a variety of skin tone colored acrylic craft paints of your choice with a paintbrush. Paint on hair styles in a variety of colors of acrylic craft paints of your choice. To finish the hair styles, add pom poms in coordinating colors to the craft sticks with a glue gun and glue sticks.
2. Using a paintbrush, add shoes and a bodice in pastel-colored acrylic craft paints in colors that coordinate with the silk flowers and butterflies.
3. Draw two eyes on the fairies’ faces, and a line to create the legs. Dip a new pencil eraser into light pink acrylic craft paint and dot on rosy cheeks.
4. Remove the silk butterfly and one flower from the bunch. Remove the stem and center from the flower petals. Carefully cut a slit in the center of the flower petals and slide onto the fairy body to create the skirt. Repeat with the second set of petals. Secure with a small dab of glue from a glue gun.
5. Cut the plastic body and antennae off the silk butterfly and attach to the back of the fairy with a glue gun and glue sticks. These become the fairies’ wings. Repeat with additional jumbo craft sticks and flowers to make as may fairies as you would like.
Create these adorable Dollar Store Craft Stick Fairies to work on shapes, color and counting with the kiddos. Make learning FUN! Also, the perfect craft for a woodland theme Fairy Birthday Party.