Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies
Who doesn’t love a good Christmas cookie? These peppermint white chocolate cookies are so yummy, With the perfect mix of candy cane and cookie you can not go wrong. These are a must make for your holiday baking this year.
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 C unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 C peppermint bark white chocolate chips
- 3/4 C white chocolate chips Plus 1 C for topping
- 1/2 C pieces crushed candy caneplus 1/4 C for topping
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt together.
- Using a standing mixer beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add both sugars. Mix on medium speed until fluffy and light in color.
- Next mix in the egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients on slow speed until combined.
- The cookie dough will be very thick.
- Add the 3/4 C white chocolate chips, 1/2 C chopped peppermint bark white chocolate chips and 1/2 C crushed candy cane, mixing for about 5 seconds until combined.
- Cover dough tightly with plastic wrap.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Set aside.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out some dough and roll into a ball
- Place 12 cookies onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden brown
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add the 1/2 C white chocolate chip into a bowl.
- Put the bowl in the microwave melting the white chocolate in 20-second increments.
- Stir after each 20- second increment until completely melted.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over cooled cookies and sprinkle with remaining crushed candy canes.
This post contains affiliate links br>