Summer and Sea Wine Glasses (Candle Holders)

Summer and Sea Wine Glasses (Candle Holders)

Materials: Glitter Blast Spray CLICK HERE, Dollar Store Wine Glasses, Looking Glass Spray, Sand, Hemp, Glue, Shells and Starfish, other embellishments, and led candle lights.

If you have never seen the mercury glass look then you will definitely want to Google it, I just love the look and wanted to put a fun spin on it. The inside of the glasses are done to look like mercury glass (if you Google mercury glass tutorials there are tons of them on the specifics of how to create it). The basic rundown on it is, spray the inside of your glass with the Looking glass mirror spray, while still wet spritz vinegar onto it using a spray bottle and allow for the water droplets/ vinegar to run and give it that weathered look. Once that is completely dry spray the outside with glitter spray feathering down the stem to meet the mercury glass look below. Once dry, you can embellish them any way you want. I added sand to the bottom of mine by using a glass glue (9001 is what I used) and sprinkling sand over top. Then added some fun embellishments. I just love how these came out!

NOTE: When spraying these you must treat it like any spray paint, you need to do it in coats and spray at a slight distance, if you get to close or spay too much in one spot at a time then the paint/ glitter can run. If you live in a cold/ damp climate you need to take caution when spraying it may not tack up if its too cold out (you can spray them in a garage or somewhere warmer to help, but be careful of over spray in this case)

NOTE: These are for decoration purposes only, none of the items used in creating these are food safe.

IF YOU LIKE THESE MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER WINEGLASS CREATIONS HERE

Video Music Source (Scott Holmes Music)—> https://www.facebook.com/ScottHolmesMusic/

IF YOU LIKE THESE MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER WINEGLASS CREATIONS HERE

TO PURCHASE THESE INSTEAD CLICK HERE FOR MY ETSY SHOP

This post contain affiliate links

1. Becki

Hi, does the sand stay on pretty well with the 9001?
    Thanks!

Yes, it is a very strong glass glue and works very well, once dry I don’t ever seen any sand flake off. 🙂

2. connie

beautiful. they would be pretty with the little fake candles inside the glass, with glass right side up too. Very nice project.

3. Dottie livingston

Do you put the Looking glass spray in the whole glass or just one end?

I spray just the inside of the glass with the looking glass spray (spraying the entire inside of it). Once that is dry I got over the outside of the glass with the glitter spray only spraying part of the way down the glass (so a section of the mercury glass appears through), and then add the sand to the bottom end of the glass.

1. Stephanie Liston

What color of glitter spray paint are these two colors ? Do you seal everything after the glitter spray paint?

I used the Sapphire and Ocean Waters for the 2 colors of blue glitter spray, you can use the sealer over it when you are done if you choose (its not necessary though). Most of my glasses I do a coat of sealer on them, but I dont usually do it on these since they dont have the glitter all the way down the glass.

4. Lisa

Did you use the same 9001 glue to glue on the star fish? Thanks!

I actually just use hot glue for the other items, but you can use the 9001 for an extra hold. 🙂

5. Jenn

Where do you purchase your embellishments like the turtle and such?

Hi there, most of my embellishments I purchase from local craft stores like Michaels Craft store, Hobby Lobby, ect.. or on ebay if I am looking for items in bulk.

6. Juanita Lee Cortazar

I can’t seem to get the sea shells to stick to the sand? I’m using real beach sand and sea shells from the dollar store and E6000 Glue….when I use tacky glue the sand shows better but it wants to flake off and run but still my sea shells don’t want to stick to the sand? Any suggestions? Should I wait longer for it to dry??

Hi there, I usually use the E6000 or 9001 glue to attach the sand with, once that is completely dry then I use hot glue to attache the shells, starfish and other misc items to the glass.

7. Helen Postle

How much areally these glasses please

8. Tiffanie

Where did you purchase the shells and charms to go on them?

Hi there I found the charms and shells at a local Michael’s Craft store – I also found some at a local Hobby Lobby store

9. Mary

Hi Sheena, When will your Summer& Sea Wine Glasses be avaiable again?

Hi there, hopefully by the end of the month I can re open my shop, I have been waiting for the weather to clear up where I live. 🙂

10. Crystal

Thank you for this post. I’m making my mom these for birthday for her Florida house. Can she use a real tea light candle instead of battery operated one?