Very Hungry Caterpillar Craft Sticks
These little very hungry caterpillar craft sticks are not only super adorable but make for a quick and easy kids craft.
Pipe Cleaner wrapped popsicle stick, Hungry Caterpillar Craft
- Jumbo Craft sticks
- Chenille stems
- Cut one jumbo popsicle stick in half, and another stick at about 1” from the end.
- Arrange them to make a wiggly caterpillar with the small popsicle piece for the head. Use hot glue to adhere the pieces together.
- Create a “M” shape out of the blue pipe cleaner, making the middle point
- Squish this shape together to form the caterpillar’s antenna. Wrap the long end of the blue pipe cleaner around head of caterpillar to attach it to the popsicle stick.
- Wrap the rest of the head in red pipe cleaners, going around the tip to form a rounded shape.
- To create the colors of the classic Hungry Caterpillar, use different colored pipe cleaners to wrap the body: Green, light green, yellow green, yellow and a bit of blue. Take 3 or 4 different colors at a time. Start at the back and wrap around. You can go back and separate the colors a bit to make sure there is a variety showing.
- To make the eyes, cut two small pieces of yellow pipe cleaner and bend them in half. Use a green marker to color the inside part. Hot glue these to the face with a small piece of green pipe cleaner for the mouth.
- Your Hungry Caterpillar is ready to eat it’s way into your next birthday party!