Mother’s Day Sloth Wreath craft
- 2 page template printed on printer paper here—> MD Sloth Wreath Templates (4)
- 2 sheets of tan or brown construction paper
- 1 sheet of green paper
- Light green paint (or mix green with white)
- Paint brush
- Paper plate
- Colored pencils
- Glue stick
- First fold the plate in half and cut out the center circle, leaving just the boarder for the wreath shape. Now paint the paper plate light green, I combined regular green and white to make light green.
- While that dries, cut the Mommy and Baby sloth bodies out of the template. Trace the body templates on to tan or brown construction paper and cut out.
- Now, cut the Mommy and Baby sloth heads out. Color the eyes and face shape with the colored pencils. Now trace the heads onto tan or brown construction paper. Cut out the construction paper circles and cut out the face shape from the sloth heads. Finally, glue the sloth faces to the construction paper heads.
- To start assembling the Mother’s Day Sloth Craft, take the Mommy sloth body and fold it in half hotdog style so the hands are touching each other, and the feet are touching each other. Now, place the sloth body on the top of the wreath so it looks like it’s hanging down. Put a bit of glue stick on each hand and foot to secure the Mommy body to the plate. Then complete the Mommy sloth by gluing on the head.
- Repeat this same process with the baby sloth, attaching the arms and legs to the Mommy’s body instead of the paper plate.
- Give your sloths some accessories by adding the bows or flowers to their hair. Simply color, cut and glue them to the top of each sloth’s head.
- To add a little detail, use a brown colored pencil to add some nails to the end of each arm and leg.
- Then, color and cut the banners. Glue them to the top and bottom of the plate.
- Next, take the green construction paper and fold it in half 3 times, rotating the direction of the fold every time. Draw two leaves and cut them out (going through all the layers of the construction paper). Take each leaf and fold it in half to give it a 3D effect.
- Glue the leaves around the plate in a random pattern to finish the craft.
- The Mother’s Day sloth wreath is ready to hang!