Aladdin Oreo Cookies
Is anyone else super excited about the new 2019 Aladdin movie?
We are just so excited for the release date, and these super easy Aladdin Oreo cookies are too cute to celebrate the new release.
1 (15.35 ounce) package Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
2 (12 ounce) packages purple or lavender candy melts wafers
1 (12 ounce) package blue candy melts wafers
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. Melt purple candy coating according to package directions. If the candy is too thick to pour, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Stir well. Do not add water. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per bag of candy wafers.
3. Dip each cookie into melted candy. Remove cookie, tapping gently against the side of the bowl, allowing excess candy to return to the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick. Place the cookie onto the waxed paper. Allow to set completely before proceeding to the next step. To speed the process, cookies can be refrigerated or placed in the freezer in a single layer.
4. Melt blue candy coating according to package directions. Transfer melted candy to a piping bag or zip top freezer bag with the corner snipped. Create a swirl on top of the cookies from the middle to the edge.
5. Allow cookie to set completely at room temperature or refrigerate for faster results. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.