Hello Kitty Krispie Treats
Ingredients / Materials
6 cups crispy rice cereal
(10 ounce) miniature marshmallows
3 tablespoons butter
White almond bark, white chocolate chip morsels, or white candy wafer melts
Yellow jelly beans (1/2 for each treat)
Black jelly beans (1 for each treat)
Brown or black jimmy sprinkles
Red decorating icing (Pictured: Wilton Red Decorating Icing)
Toothpicks (for placing jelly beans and whiskers as well as shaping the bow), optional
Sterilized tweezers (for placing the whiskers)
- Prepare a 13 x 9 baking sheet with wax paper and a spritz of non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and melt, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from heat.
3. Fold in the cereal. Stir until the cereal is coated in the marshmallow.
4. Using a buttered spatula or greased wax paper evenly press mixture into baking sheet. Cool completely.
- Use cookie cutter to cut treats. If the treats are loose, press additional krispy mixture into the cookie cutter before releasing the shape onto waxed paper. Reshape the remaining cereal in your baking pan until all is used.
- Place white candy bark in a microwave safe bowl. Melt on high heat, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Do not overheat. If the candy is too thick, add vegetable shortening or coconut oil in 1 teaspoon increments, up to 1 tablespoon, and stir well. Do not add water.
- Lightly dip one side of a treat into the melted candy and immediately add jelly beans for nose and eyes. Also use tweezers to apply jimmy sprinkles as the whiskers.
- Allow to dry completely before adding the bow using red decorating icing.