Paper Straw Christmas Tree Ornaments
Paper Straw Christmas Tree Craft
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 jumbo wooden craft stick
- Red acrylic craft paint
- Craft paint brush
- Red craft jute twine HERE
- Paper straws in red, white, and gold HERE
- Snowflake sticker HERE
- Elmer’s School Glue
- Paper plate
- Place the large wooden craft stick on the paper plate. Using a paint brush, paint the craft stick with red paint. (I painted two coats to make sure I had full coverage) Let dry completely before moving to the next step.
- Remove the backing from the snowflake sticker, and place it at the top of the red craft stick.
- Cut a piece of one paper straw slightly wider than the width of the craft stick. Glue the piece right below the snowflake sticker. Repeat this process with different color paper straws, cutting each straw slightly wider than the previous one, and then gluing to the craft stick. Continue until the last straw is approximately 1” above the bottom of the craft stick. Let dry completely.
- Cut a piece of red jute twine approximately 10” long. Fold in half, and then tie a knot at the bottom. Flip the craft stick over, and glue the knotted end of the jute twine to the top of the stick (on the opposite side of the snowflake sticker).
- Once dry, your Christmas Tree is ready to be hung!