Christmas Lights Cookies
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COOKIES RECIPE
Serving: 12 Cookies
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
For the Cookies:
- ¼ cups (57 g) Butter
- ¼ cup (50 g) Sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- ¾ cup (96 g) Flour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 package M&M’s (for decoration)
- ½ cup chocolate (for decoration)
For the Royal Icing:
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 + 1/3 cup (175 g) powdered sugar
For the Cupcakes:
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 C / 347 F
- Beat the sugar and butter in mixer.
- When they are combined well add the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Continue to mix.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and pinch of salt into another bowl.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the mixture and continue to mix.
- When it becomes a dough take it out and put on a stretch film and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After, take out the dough and roll out to 2 cm thick.
- Cut circles into the rolled dough
- Take them into baking tray and cook for 10 minutes in the oven.
- For the royal icing, mix the egg white, and powdered sugar first.
- Then add the lemon juice for your desired consistency (It shouldn’t be too thick)
- Take out the cookies from the oven and rest for 10 minutes to cool down.
- After it cooled down, put the royal icing on top of each cookie and decorate with M&M’s and chocolate.
- ENJOY 😊
This post contains affiliate links br>