These super creepy Spiderweb Cupcakes are sure to be the hit of any Halloween party.
- 2 C sugar
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 C cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 C whole milk
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 C boiling water
- Cupcake Directions :
- Preheat oven to 350 degree and line cupcake pan with liners
- Using a large bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract until combined
- Carefully mix in the water until combined
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 way full and bake for 22 minutes
- Frosting ingredients
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 medium star tip
- 1 disposable piping bag
- Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium speed.
- Mix until you see stiffed peaks in your frosting.
- Scoop frosting into piping bag
- Frost cooled cupcakes
- Decorating ingredients:
- 1 package of plastic spiders
- 1 14 oz of white cotton candy
- Decorating directions:
- Carefully pull apart the cotton candy and place on top of the frosting
- Slowly place the plastic spider onto the "web"
This post contains affiliate links br>