Christmas Treat Pops

Christmas Treat Pops

christmas-pops

MATERIALS USED:

1. Plastic Fill- able Ornaments (I would recommend checking for food safe ones) find some like the ones I used –> HERE
  2. Green M&M’s
  3. Red M&M’s
  4. Jumbo Craft Sticks HERE
  5. Construction paper
  6. Hot glue and glue gun
  7. scissors
  8. Chenille stems- brown & Gold
  9. Red pom pom
  10. Dollar store child size sock
  11. Green Feathers
  12. Wiggle Eyes
  13. Ribbon (Christmas and black)
  14. Small Buttons
  15. black sharpie
  16. Marshmallows and Malt balls

DIRECTIONS:

Start off by filling half of your (cleaned food safe) Ornament with candy filler, once filled place a sheet of construction paper over top and flip ornament with candy in it over. Run a bead of hot glue along the edge of the ornament and construction paper. Once glue is cooled cut the excess paper away from the ornament. Hot glue on craft stick and other items to each ornament as desired, use a sharpie to finish the Grinch face and the Snowman face.

(Note- I recommend checking for ornaments that are food safe. The backing used was construction paper but for health purposes you may consider checking for other food safe materials or putting a liner between the candy and paper, such as wax paper)

NOTE- for the video I used 100mm ornaments but if you are doing this for a classroom party I would recommend going with slightly smaller ornaments to keep your candy cost down 😉 and they still turn out super cute

christmas-treat-pops-1

christmas-treat-pops-2 christmas-treat-pops-3

christmas-pops-5 christmas-pops-4 christmas-pops-3 christmas-pops-2

Halloween Treat Pops HERE

Love Bug Treat Pops HERE

Spring Fun Treat Pops HERE

This Post contains affiliate links

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer

1. Norma

Awesome

2. Shirley Ruyle

Your crafts are wonderful!

3. Crystal

Do you have a app that we can down load or a web sight

Hi there, I have a few different options that you can follow me on. I have my main website here thekeeperofthecheerios.com, Facebook and Pinterest.

4. Amber Sutton

Very cute. I’m thinking hot chocolate and marshmallows 🙂
    Thanks for the inspiration. Have a Blessed holiday, Amber

5. Ashley Baker

What size ornament did you use for these? Love this idea!

Hi there, thank you so much, I used the 100mm size since that is what I had on hand

6. Shenna

How does the glue hold the paper on??

Hi there, when you run a bead of glue along the side of the paper and ornament it secures the 2 together (without leaking on to the food items) then when you go to cut it out, you cut just on the outside of the glue bead (which leaves about a 1/8″ of glue/paper section on the outside edge of the ornament)

7. Nana

Thank you for sharing, I can’t wait to try this.☺

8. Patti Howard

That would be so much fun, but none of the schools let us bring in any edible treats any more!!

9. Sandy

Where can I find the balls

Hi there, I purchased mine on amazon here —> http://amzn.to/2gtFrww (I recommend looking for one that says its food safe) 🙂

10. Patikay

Where do you buy the plastic candy holders?

11. Elizabeth

I cannot find Christmas socks or even solid red/green socks. What else can be used instead of socks?

Hi there, I found the socks used at my local dollar store, you might also look for a small doll hat or if you are unable to find what you are needing- Amazon has some socks on their cite as well here http://amzn.to/2fFHEjA
      I hope that helps a bit, I am unsure what would be simple to use if not socks.

12. Marrianne

Hello I’m getting ready to order my question is did you use acrylic or plastic Im afraid the plastic would melt from the hot glue??

Hi there, I believe the ones I used said acrylic on them- if you use a low temp hot glue gun either should work. 🙂

13. Janeen Landsberger

How do you cut the plastic bulb in half without ruining it?

Hi there, you can purchase ones that twist apart, those are the ones I use 🙂

14. Tina

What did you use to get the grinch eyes yellow?

Hi there, I purchase a mix pack of wiggle eyes that have a yellow in them. you can find them here —> https://store.qualityart.biz/crafts/wiggley_eyes/12mm_40mm_wiggle_eyes/15mm_neon_eyes-_asst_colors_80_pcs
      or from amazon here —> http://amzn.to/2hmbEmR

15. Marc

Where did you find the yellow eyes for the Grinch?

16. Angie

Do you have any ideas that are not candy or food to fill them with? All I could come up with is cotton balls for the snowman!

hi there, you might try beads, socks, pom poms, fake snow (the glittery stuff), shredded paper or cellophane?

17. Dorothy Scalercio

I love this idea. Do you use only half of the plastic ornament? Or do you repeat the process on the other side and then glue both sections together? I wonder how there is room for the craft stick? Thank you

Hi there, you just use one half of the ornament for each treat pop, you want to lay the ornament with candy down onto the paper and glue all the way around the ornament to secure the candy inside, Hot glue the craft stick to the back side of the ornament (attaching it to the construction paper). 🙂 You can see how I created them in more detail on you tube here—> https://youtu.be/ag_8dfkaIUc

18. diane

If we used these as a church fundraiser, how much would you charge

I greatly apologize but I only make my crafts as DIY examples to make your own, at this time I do not sell them 😉

19. Mandy

How did you get the nose for the snowman?

Hi there,
      I just cut a small nose from some orange felt, you could also use construction paper or craft foam as well.