Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head Cookies
Who else is super excited to watch the new Toy Story 4 movie? Well these cookies are the perfect little treat to enjoy while you wait for the newest Toy Story movie to hit theaters. Even if you are not a big Toy Story fan you can still enjoy these super fun Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head Cookies for any occasion.
What You Will Need:
- Your favorite sugar cookie cutout recipe, prepared
- Your favorite frosting recipe (white)
- Black Fondant
- Pink Fondant
- Orange Fondant
- Red Fondant
- Yellow Fondant
- Brown Food Coloring Gel
- Yellow Food Coloring Gel
- Candy Eyes (or use fondant)
- Candy Moustaches (or use fondant)
- Roll out your sugar cookies, and use an egg shaped cookie cutter to cut out as many cookies as you can.
- Bake according to the recipe, and set aside to cool completely.
- Place your frosting in a bowl, and add in brown and yellow food coloring until you get a light brown color.
- Frost the cookies evenly, avoiding the edges.
- Place two eyes about ⅓ of the way down on each cookie.
- Roll a piece of pink fondant into a 3D triangle for Mrs. Potato Head cookies. And roll a piece of orange fondant into a 3D triangle for Mr. Potato Head cookies.
- Flatten a small piece of pink fondant into a circle, and cut in half. Round out the edges, and place beside the eyes for ears.
- Roll very small balls of yellow fondant, and place on Mrs. Potato Head for earrings.
- Place a moustache candy between Mr. Potato Head’s nose and mouth.
- Take a medium sized piece of red fondant, and roll like a snake. Shape into mouths for Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head.
- Place a thin sheet of black fondant behind Mr. Potato Head’s mouth if you would like it to be open.
- Roll thin pieces of black fondant, and place them above the eyes for eyebrows.
- Roll a large piece of black fondant into a sheet, and shape it into a hat for Mr. Potato Head cookies.
- Frost the very top of Mrs. Potato Head cookies with remaining white frosting to make her hat.
- Roll five small balls of orange fondant, and place them into the shape of a flower, and add it to the center of Mrs. Potato Head’s hat.