Wine Cork Angel Ornament Christmas Craft
Upcycled wine corks and some simply supplies from the dollar store make this a quick and easy ornament to craft with the kiddos. The perfect hostess, teacher, or neighbor gift for this holiday season.
- Wine Corks (recycled or available in the floral section of the craft store)
- Wooden Beads – Small
- Wired Ribbon, Gold – Dollar Store
- Skinny Ribbon, Gold – Dollar Store
- Chenille Stem, Gold Tinsel – Dollar Store
- Blush – Dollar Store
- Cotton Swab – Dollar Store
- Permanent Marker, Black
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Gather all supplies. Attach unfinished wooden bead to the top of the wine cork, so that the opening in the bead is positioned as an open, singing mouth. Secure with a glue gun and glue sticks.
- Apply rosy cheeks to either side of the wooden bead angel head using a cotton swab and blush from the dollar store.
- Tie a length of skinny gold ribbon around the angel’s neck and finish with a bow. Trim ribbon ends with scissors.
- Draw in small ovals for eyes with the fine tip of a permanent black marker.
- Cut a gold tinsel chenille stem in half with scissors. Wrap stem around your finger to create a circle, leaving a one inch long straight section, then twist to secure. Attach the angel’s halo to the back of the wooden bead head.
- Create a bow with two loops and no tails from gold wired ribbon, and then twist the ends to secure.
- Measure and cut a 12” length of skinny gold ribbon, tie the ends in a knot to create a loop, and then attach to the back of the angel body with a glue gun and glue sticks.
- To finish, glue the gold wired ribbon wings to the back of the angel body. Change up the ribbon colors to silver or white for a unique twist.
A great craft project for tweens and teens to create on their own or with younger kids.
This post contains affiliate links br>