Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
These gingerbread whoopie pies are the perfect holiday treat, they are super soft and creamy, any whoopie pie fan or gingerbread fan will loves these, a must for any holiday get together or Christmas party.
- Cookie Ingredients:
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 C light brown sugar packed
- 8 TBSP unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 C molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 C buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients:
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter room temp
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Cookie Directions:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, salt, cloves, and baking soda together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk to blend them together.
- Set aside.
- In a second bowl whisk the brown sugar, melted butter, molasses until combined
- Add in the egg, buttermilk, and vanilla into the brown sugar mixture whisking completely until combined.
- Slowly add 1 cup of the flour mixture at a time in the other bowl of mixed ingredients stirring with a rubber spatula just until the dough comes together.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out 12 rounds of dough onto 1 cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes
- Allow to cool completely on the counter while you make the frosting
- Cream Cheese Filling Directions:
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth
- Mix in the vanilla and salt
- Scoop into a piping bag fitted with a star tip
- Match up the cookies to their size partner and place onto another cookie sheet
- Remove the top cookie and pipe a decent size dollop of frosting in the middle
- Put the top cookie back on and lightly push down
This post contains affiliate links br>