Valentines Day Loft Cookies
Who doesn’t just love a yummy Lofthouse style cookie? These cookies are a wonderful copycat, they are so light and fluffy with a wonderful buttery taste, you will not be able to stop with just one cookie.
- 1/2 C unsalted butter room temp
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 C full fat sour cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- pink Gel food coloring
- Valentines Day Sprinkles
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed
- until nice and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat until combined.
- Reduce speed and add sour cream and vanilla and beat until well
- combined, scraping down sides of bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking
- powder, cream of tartar and salt and whisk together.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet
- ingredients and mix
- until combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Remove half of the dough from fridge.
- Working with a 1-tablespoon-sized piece of dough at a time, roll into
- a round ball.
- Place dough ball onto the prepared baking pan and use the bottom of a
- glass cup to press and evenly flatten.
- Bake on middle rack in preheated oven for 9-13 minutes or until the
- cookies are just starting to turn golden (NOT brown) on the edges
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the sheet. Cookies
- will continue to cook while they cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- To make the butter cream frosting:
- Cream butter in a stand mixer or using your hand mixer for 3 minutes
- until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, vanilla then slowly add 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat until
- Add heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time then add the remainder of
- powdered sugar until desired consistency and taste is reached and
- continue to beat until smooth.
- Add in a few drops of pink gel food coloring
- Once cookies have cooled completely, frost and add sprinkles
- Allow frosting to set before enjoying!
This post contains affiliate links br>